Katie Oliver ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Chicago chapter.

Hometown: Dallas, TX

Major(s): Economics and International Studies

Dream job: Own my own company 

Where you see yourself in 10 years?: Probably still in school… haha

Favorite Thing about Being a UChicago Student: Being around brilliant people all the time

Favorite Class: Sosc

Favorite Book: The Great Gatsby

Favorite Place to Hang (A.K.A Study) on Campus: C-Shop

Favorite Food: Pretzel M&Ms

Favorite Music: British 80s – the Smiths, New Order, the Clash, Joy Division

Ideal Date: A nice dinner downtown and a walk down Michigan Ave

Hobbies: Skiing, playing tennis, traveling, hanging out with friends and family

Campus Activities: UCIB, Alpha Omicron Pi, Jumpstart, Women in Business, External Engagement Team Intern

Biggest Turn On: A good sense of humor

Biggest Turnoff: Cockiness

Celebrity Crush: Leonardo DiCaprio 

Proudest Accomplishment: Getting into UCIB as a first year

3 Words to Describe Yourself: Quirky, busy, a joke…

Little Known Fact about Yourself: 
I’m really gullible. I even used to think my sister was a witch…

An Embarrassing Confession: I have a not-so-secret obsession with Disney movies

Favorite Quote: “If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.” Henry David Thoreau

Something on Your Bucket List: Go into outer space

An eternal optimist and big dreamer, Maxine is a thoughtful gift-giver, fiendish mogul skier, caring friend, and spunky pre-med student with a passion for journalism. A first year in the College, Maxine hails from New Jersey and hopes to major in Comparative Human Development. She loves Mexican food, winter, her green Jeep, and her two Presa Canario dogs, takes way too many photos, and feels so incredibly honored to be living and learning in the amazing city of Chicago.
Annie Pei

U Chicago

Annie is a Political Science major at the University of Chicago who not only writes for Her Campus, but is also one of Her Campus UChicago's Campus Correspondents. She also acts as Editor-In-Chief of Diskord, an online op-ed publication based on campus, and as an Arts and Culture Co-Editor for the university's new Undergraduate Political Review. When she's not busy researching, writing, and editing articles, Annie can be found pounding out jazz choreography in a dance room, furiously cheering on the Vancouver Canucks, or around town on the lookout for new places, people, and things. This year, Annie is back in DC interning with Voice of America once again!