Favorite 5: Winter Fashion Trends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Chicago chapter.

Winter weather got you down? When temperatures reach freezing levels, it’s easy to let your wardrobe become repetitive and dreary. Well, good news! You don’t have to be confined to North Face parkas and Uggs during the snowy season. Here are five hot trends to spruce up your winter wardrobe:

1) Bright coats 

Neon outerwear will really makes your outfit pop! Draw eyes to your coat by keeping the rest of your outfit simple and classy.

2) Over-the-knee boots 

Good-bye, booties! Over-the-knee boots are not only stylish, but aso keep snow and rain from seeping into your socks. Pair them with thick fleece wellies to keep your feet warm.

3) Slouchy sweaters 

Baggy, loose sweaters drape attractively over your torso and are perfect for layering underneath. 

4) Silk thermals 

Sad about giving up your leggings? Think again! Black silk thermals look just like leggings and are just as comfy, but twice as warm. Layer them under sweater dresses, skirts, and this season’s hottest new trend, wide-legged trousers. The more layers, the better!

5) Scarves, beanies, and gloves 

Layer, layer, layer! I cannot stress this enough. But layering doesn’t have to look bulky and bland. With so many cute designs, you’ll have trouble choosing just one!

Add these five essential pieces to your wardrobe, and you’ll have no problem looking cute and cozy the rest of this winter season! Stay warm!

I am a first year undergraduate student at the University of Chicago with a love for fashion, beauty, health, and fitness. I am majoring in Economics and minoring in English and Creative Writing. Go Maroons!
Jessica Ro

U Chicago

Jessica Ro is a third-year Public Policy student originally from Santa Monica, California, a city just west of Los Angeles. Jessica joined Her Campus because she loved the concept of reaching out specifically to college-aged females through writing.