Can I Get a High Five?: Top 5 Nail Polishes for Fall 2011

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Chicago chapter.

With school in full swing and all the leaves on campus changing color, it can only mean one thing—my favorite season has finally arrived! Fall.

With fall, everything (like the fall) changes. Is it just me or is fall the best season for fashion? The accessories alone make fall the best—the scarves, hats, and boots. But my favorite part of the season has to be the fall colors! So, here are my top five nail polish colors of the season:

1. Essie: Very Structured

This color has everything I love about fall all wrapped into one polish. It is described as a “classic burnt sienna,” and reminds me of my favorite pumpkin pie square from my neighborhood bakery.

[ pagebreak ]

2. Chanel: Black Pearl

Though Chanel originally released this color earlier in the year for their spring collection, Black Pearl is the perfect color to wear as Halloween approaches. What better color for fall than a metallic and eerie deep shade of blue?

[ pagebreak ]
3. Essie: Case Study

With camel being the most showcased hue on the runways for the fall season, there is no question that this rich beige is the perfect fall nail lacquer. Plus, it looks great on all skin tones!

[ pagebreak ]
4. Butter London: Toff

Probably one of my all-time favorite nail colors for the fall- its muted, elegant, and has a deep brownish tint of purple.

[ pagebreak ]

5. Chanel: Peridot

At first, I was at odds with this greenish blue and gold duo-chrome. But with the recent peacock fashion trend, I find the color to be refreshingly unique.