This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TX State chapter.

Fashion is an essential and important outlet for people to express themselves using their creativity, personal style choices, and original ideas. It is a form of communication through which we convey our personality, beliefs, and values to the world. Clothing, accessories, and styles are all ways to communicate our individuality and unique identity. Fashion allows us to explore our creativity and experiment with different styles, colors, and textures. We can use fashion to project an image of ourselves that we want others to see. An example of this would be wearing bright colors which can convey a sense of playfulness and energy, while wearing all black can convey a sense of sophistication and elegance. Furthermore, fashion can also be used to make statements about social and political issues. For instance, wearing clothing with feminist slogans or supporting a certain cause through fashion can communicate our beliefs and values to others. Fashion can also help us connect with others who share similar interests and styles. It can create a sense of community and belonging, especially when we participate in fashion subcultures. Overall, fashion is a powerful means of self-expression that allows us to communicate who we are to the world. It is a way to explore our creativity, make statements, and connect with others who share our passions. I also love how fashion allows us to get inspiration from others that have a style we love. Personally, Zendaya is a fashion icon I look up to, and aspire to dress similarly to. I love using Pinterest and looking up her different outfits and taking inspiration from her and then making it my own as I tie in items that are already in my closet. Finding inspiration can also look like viewing different sources, such as fashion magazines, social media, and street style and then eyeing styles, colors, and textures that speak to you and would feel comfortable wearing out. Always remember to not be afraid to stand out. Fashion is all about self-expression, so don’t be afraid to be bold and try something new! Create outfits that make you feel confident and comfortable, even if they’re outside of the norm.

Amaya Weakly

TX State '23

-Her Campus Writing Intern -Senior at Texas State University majoring in fashion merchandising and minoring in business administration -Lover of fashion, beauty, and lifestyle