Valentine’s Day Fashion: One Dress in Three Different Ways

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and we all know what that means… dinner plans and evenings filled with fun (for the single and taken)! Maybe you’re unsure of your plans for Valentine’s Day 2014 or you have plans but just can’t decide what to wear! Whatever the case may be, instead of going out and buying a plethora of different ensembles, take one versatile bodycon (optional) dress and create different outfits with other pieces you already have. In light of this holiday, I’ve chosen to use a festive and bright pink dress. If you can, try to find a festively colored dress in your closet that’s one solid color and preferably form-fitting. 

Outfit #1: A Night Out on the Town

If your night consists of hitting the dance floor and bopping around from place to place, why not just rock the dress on its own?! Wear shoes according to the venue you plan on going to. If you’re planning on mingling and standing up the whole night, you’ll want to opt for comfort. Sneaker heels with added buckles and embellishments are comfortable, yet add a cool, spunky edge to any outfit! 

Outfit #2: Dinner Downtown

Whether it’s a romantic dinner for two or a group gathering with your fave gals, this outfit will be sure to knock it out of the park. Turn your dress into a cute new shirt by throwing a pair of loose high-waisted chiffon pants on top! The tight fit of the dress contrasted with the effortless flowy nature of the pants will give your figure a flattering shape. You can choose to add some height by sporting a pair of open-toed black pumps or black wedged booties. 

Outfit #3: Calm, Cool, and Casual

If you’re a last minute chick and can’t decide your plans for V-day until the night of, then this outfit is perfect for you! Throw on a pair of high-waisted dark wash jeans along with a blazer on top. One can never go wrong with a great pair of fitted skinny jeans and a black blazer, and the pop of color from the dress puts a fun new spin on the classic skinny jean and blazer duo. This outfit is versatile enough to go with any pair of shoes your heart desires! I chose to use a pair of pale-pink flatforms, but black stilettos, sneaker heels, or even a pair of low top converse could work as well! This outfit could take you anywhere this Friday night, just accessorize accordingly! 

Embrace Valentine’s Day for what it is to you, a night for a group dinner, a romantic evening with your significant other, or a crazy night out on the town! No matter what the occasion, have fun with your outfit and express yourself! Good luck!

Xox,

Meaghan 

Her Campus Tulane