Sarah Bobker – Incoming President of Chi Omega Sorority

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

What year are you? Where are you from? What is your major?
I am a junior from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, and I am a Dance major and an English minor.

What are Chi Omega’s colors/icons?
Chi O’s official colors are Cardinal and Straw (really just red and yellow!). Our symbols are the Owl and the Skull and Crossbones and our flower is the white carnation.

What philanthropy is Chi Omega associated with?
We are extremely fortunate to be philanthropically affiliated with the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

When is your term as president going to be and how did you decide to run?
My term as president began at the end of January and will last for a full year. Before serving as president for Chi O I was a Panhellenic Delegate and, before that, I was a T-Shirt Chairman. I have always loved being involved in Chi O and couldn’t be more happy, honored, and humbled to have been elected president this year.

What are some of your tasks as president?
As president I am mainly responsible for leading our weekly chapter and executive board meetings, sending out and compiling daily listserve emails, and essentially overseeing all the operations and programming of the chapter. I absolutely LOVE the work the job entails and am grateful

How do you think you’ll be involved with Chi Omega after you graduate?
Chi O has provided me with so much and I definitely plan to always keep it, and it’s values, active in my life! We are lucky to have a very large alumni association nationwide. I hope to be a member of the local alumni chapter in whatever city I end up in following my graduation. Maybe one day farther down the road I’ll even become a chapter advisor in the city that I live.

What is your favorite part about being in your sorority?
My favorite thing about Chi O is the people. The girls in this chapter are so diverse yet still so similar at the core that we are always both learning from, and getting along with, each other. I am lucky to always be surrounded by amazing women, most of whom I am confident to call my best friends and who always make me smile.

Are you involved in any other campus activities?
Around campus I am also involved in the Pre-Medical Society, the Mortar Board, ALD, and the Order of Omega.

Catherine Combs is a Tulane University Alumna, who majored in Communications and Political Science. She  has always had a soft spot for books, writing, and anything Chanel. When not searching for the final touches to her latest outfit idea, she can be found reading.