Not So Traditional Mardi-Ready Makeup

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

Mardi Gras is basically here, which means that it’s time to break out your craziest glitters and eyeshadows you own and throw them all on (preferably all at once). This time of year is perfect not only to sport the beautiful colors of Mardi Gras (purple, green and gold) but also to rock any type of crazy makeup look that your heart desires! Some may think that cool and eccentric makeup is only for the artistically gifted, but this is no longer the case. There are a bunch of cool new products on the market that are easy to apply and fun to wear! Below are a few of these fun new makeup products to try out for this year’s Mardi Gras:

1. Lip Tattoos: these fun temporary lip tattoos come in all different patterns and colors, and will make your makeup the talk of the town. From vibrant glitter lips to fierce prints, you could rock a different style each day! 

2. False eyelashes: this product is no rookie in the market, but new styles and colors keep false lashes a prevalent product. With a little liner and glitter shadow or just on their own, batting these lashes around New Orleans will be sure to grab you some attention! 
3. Eye tattoos: similar to their cousin the lip tattoo, this product comes in all different kinds of fun patterns and colors. You can easily achieve an intricate and detailed eye design without the extensive stenciling and lining otherwise needed. Just like a temporary tattoo, you place the tattoo on the appropriate eye and hold it there with a warm sponge and once the design transfers, voilà!  

All the items pictured above can be found and purchased on Amazon.com. With these products, everyone can be a makeup artist and stand out! 

Xox,

Meaghan 

Her Campus Tulane