NOLAFW – The Place to Spot Campus Celebs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

Looking to spot some celebs next week? Then the place to be is NOLA Fashion Week! Designers from around the nation are gathering next week to showcase their Fall/Spring 2011 designs in New Orleans. The week is filled with exciting events, workshops, and fashion shows that are sure to please!

Designers such as Madeline Von Froomer and Christine Miller of Sophomore, Jolie Bensen and Sarah Elizabeth Dewey of Jolie & Elizabeth, and Courtney Plauch of Coco Bourgeois will be showcasing their latest fashions, along with many, many more! Fashion week is also a great opportunity for Tulane students to dip into one of their many hidden talents. Students such as Ellie Arbeit and Michelle Van Wyk will be modeling in a number of shows, as well as countless other gorgeous Tulane ladies.

The fashion shows will take place on Friday, March 25th, and Saturday, March 26th, but if you’re too eager to get a taste of what New York, London, and Paris have already have, do not fret! Workshops for those interested in anything from branding to styling are scheduled throughout the week, and are definitely worth it! For the small price you pay, the outcome is sure to be amazing. From designers to bloggers, you’ll sure to learn the latest tips and tricks of the fashion world. If you are interested in attending any of the workshops, check out the schedule below and grab a ticket on the Eventbrite page!

So all of you fashionistas get out your highest heels and sassiest skirts, and strut your way to our very own NOLAFW! It’s this month’s hottest place to spot celebs, fashions, and more!

Eventbrite – click here!

Schedule –
NOLA Fashion Week Education Workshop: Styling with the NOLAFW Editorial Team
Wednesday, March 23, 2011 from 12:30 PM – 2:30 PM (CT)
New Orleans, LA | Le Phare

Fashion & Branding Workshop: What Industry Experts are looking for
Thursday, March 24, 2011 from 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM (CT)
New Orleans, LA | Le Phare

NOLA Fashion Week Education Workshop: Jolie and Elizabeth
Thursday, March 24, 2011 from 12:30 PM – 2:30 PM (CT)
New Orleans, LA | Le Phare

NOLA Tidbits presents Creating a Compelling Voice: A conversation about national blogs and local fashion.
Thursday, March 24, 2011 from 6:30 PM – 11:00 PM (CT)
New Orleans, LA | Martine Chaisson Gallery

Catherine Combs is a Tulane University Alumna, who majored in Communications and Political Science. She  has always had a soft spot for books, writing, and anything Chanel. When not searching for the final touches to her latest outfit idea, she can be found reading.