New Look, Same Clothes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

So you’re one month into the semester and already you feel like you’ve exhausted all of your cute outfits (since it’s still 80 degrees and you can’t start wearing your cute Autumn clothes yet), and your five pairs of Nike shorts have already been worn more than you would like to admit (no judgment here). So what do you do now? If you’re like me, you do not like to wear the same outfit twice in a short period of time, so it seems like only a never-ending supply of clothes will do. While that would be amazing, it is highly unlikely (especially as a college student). Therefore, you must dig into your closet and mix and match clothes to make new outfits. When in doubt, add accessories, or a new piece of clothing to your favorite outfit.

Accessorize – I love accessories, especially lightweight scarves. I love adding them to dresses or plain shirts. Nobody knows you’re wearing the same shirt you wore a few weeks ago because you paired it with a scarf. I also love adding belts to dresses.

Add a Cardigan –
I know not everyone is a cardigan lover, but seriously, you can wear the same shirt and jeans multiple times if you switch up cardigans. That sundress you wore last week? Put on a bright cardigan, add a skinny belt and voíla you have a new look.

Own It – If you don’t feel like/can’t switch up your look, then own it. Guess what, nobody actually cares that you have worn the same outfit a few times. If you like an outfit and you want to wear it again and again, then do it (after you’ve washed it of course). If you’re confident, that’s all that matters.

Catherine Combs is a Tulane University Alumna, who majored in Communications and Political Science. She  has always had a soft spot for books, writing, and anything Chanel. When not searching for the final touches to her latest outfit idea, she can be found reading.