Meet Maya Goldberg, Tulane’s 2011 Homecoming Queen

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

Hometown: Baltimore, Maryland

Year: Senior

Can you briefly describe the process for being selected for Homecoming Court and Homecoming Queen: You have to get nominated, then you apply, and from the application you are chosen for an interview. From the interviews, they take the top ten candidates and then the school votes.

What activities are you involved in around campus: Chi Omega sorority treasurer, intern in the Admissions Office, Crawfest Treasurer, Community Service Scholar, class of 2012 senator for USG.

What is your advice for underclassmen in terms of getting involved: Sign up for as many things as possible at first, then try everything out. You’ll end up meeting people you like and figuring out who gives the best free food and t-shirts. Hopefully from that, you’ll end up getting leadership positions from the activities
you are involved in.

Any plans for after you graduate: I’m in Masters of Accounting so I’ll be here for another year, and then I have a job offer with Ernst & Young in NY (an accounting firm)

Favorite place to eat in NOLA: Creole Creamery, especially the “Cookie Monster” flavor.

Favorite place to shop in NOLA: Lululemon, I live in yoga pants!

Favorite Tulane tradition: All you can eat Bruff for freshman year.

Hobbies: I like to run half marathons in costumes…but for completion, NOT time!

What will you miss most about Tulane when you graduate: The amazing peopleI’ve met!

Catherine Combs is a Tulane University Alumna, who majored in Communications and Political Science. She  has always had a soft spot for books, writing, and anything Chanel. When not searching for the final touches to her latest outfit idea, she can be found reading.