Meet Chase Vicenzi: “That Guy Tulane”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

Meet Chase Vicenzi: “That Guy Tulane”

Year:Sophomore

Major:Communication & Political Science

Hometown: Falmouth, Maine

What exactly is “That Guy Tulane?”: That Guy Tulane is a new campaign this year, which is meant for the ultimate Green Wave fan. That Guy is supposed to embody the “Only at Tulane. Only in New Orleans” motto and be someone who is involved on campus, in the city, attends sporting events, and is seen out and about. They liked two of us so much that they decided to have both of us do it and call it “Those Guys at Tulane!”

Why were you inspired to do this?I saw the flyer around campus and online and thought it was meant for me. Being a Communication major, blogging and tweeting is fun for me. It’s an easy position to have, just to write weekly about what is going on around Tulane and share pictures and videos from my shenanigans around campus and adventures into the city. 

What else are you involved in on campus? I am the social chair of the Sigma Alpha Mu fraternity, I give tours with Green Wave Ambassadors, I am a student intern in the President’s Office, and I occasionally write for The Hullabaloo. 

What is your favorite thing about Tulane?The spirit and pride students have. No, we don’t have the hugest athletic program in the country, but students are just proud to be part of the green wave family and live in New Orleans. It is such a unique experience that no one else but Tulane students understand and we all connect on that level. 

What is something you think everyone needs to do in New Orleans before they leave Tulane?Get the Monsoon at Port of Call (838 Esplanade Avenue). 

If you only had one meal left in Nola, where would you go and what would you order? Central Grocery in the French Quarter for their Muffuletta sandwich (923 Decatur St). 

Any Mardi Gras advice? Don’t pee in public. It is the only thing they are strict about. Besides that, GO CRAZY! 

How can people get updates from “That Guy Tulane?” 
www.thatguytulane.com 
facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/That-Guy-Tulane/188137787920589
Twitter: @thatguytulane
*Kyle Gordon, a junior, is the other brain behind “That Guy Tulane”

Catherine Combs is a Tulane University Alumna, who majored in Communications and Political Science. She  has always had a soft spot for books, writing, and anything Chanel. When not searching for the final touches to her latest outfit idea, she can be found reading.