This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

Dear Fall,

We crossed paths last weekend, and I fell for you all over again. I must admit, I missed you more than I thought. I thought I would be okay without you, and for a while I even forgot about you. You didn’t cross my mind as much as you used to. I don’t mean that to hurt your feelings, but more to let you know how much I long for you again the same way I used to. I’m way down here in New Orleans now, and this city and the people don’t know much about you. We skip you. We forget the mild feeling that comes when the heat starts to simmer down. We forget about those perfect nights of yours where the breeze is just right, the weather is cool but not cold, warm but not hot. We don’t know much about sweater weather or that the perfect outfit for your days is a light jacket, leggings, and boots. But most importantly, we don’t know about your beautiful colors and your power to change a landscape from green to rainbow. Down here we don’t know about picking the perfect apple at an orchard or hayrides through pumpkin patches or getting lost in corn mazes. We know Halloween and a little bit about pumpkin spice lattes, but not enough about you to make everyone fall for you like I once did and like I have again.

I’m sorry I forgot about you, but last weekend in Massachusetts I remembered. I remembered how much I missed everything about you. And in the three short days I got to spend with you, I fell back in love with you. I never wanted to leave you, knowing that the next time I returned you would be gone, leaving the harsh winter in your place. But I hope you’ll remember me. I hope you’ll send some leaves my way with that gentle breeze of yours and light up my world with your vibrant colors. I hope you won’t forget me like I forgot you because the more I stay away from you the more I realize I need you. Everything about you is perfect, and I can’t wait to see you again. Until then, although the seasons and leaves may, don’t ever change.

Love always,

Emily

Her Campus Tulane