Learn to Rock: Boyfriend Jeans

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

These aren’t your mama’s jeans, they’re your (real or imaginary) boyfriend’s jeans, and they’re still going strong on fashion’s trend radar.

Boyfriend jeans have recently become my favorite go-to style because they’re comfortable and loose fitting while still looking chic. Boyfriend jeans are the Jeggings’ hip and trendy cousin. Most boyfriend jeans geared towards women are made with distressed and ripped denim. This type of style is rugged yet feminine in that the rips and tears allow for some skin to peak through.

When boyfriend jeans first hit stores and began trending, many thought that these pants could only be styled in a certain way (i.e. a tight top to counter-act the loose fitting bottom). But, many style icons and fashion bloggers have proved that theory wrong! When sporting these jeans, accessories are key in making the outfit. Adding feminine jewelry pieces and the right shoe are important things to keep in mind. Opt for silky blouses, tight cotton tees, and lightweight sweaters, all of which could be paired with a fitted blazer or cropped jacket.

Many celebrities and high-fashion bloggers are typically photographed wearing sleek stilettos or booties with boyfriend jeans, which is the perfect way for a college student to dress up their jeans for a night out. For a college student, booties and strappy sandals are perfect to throw on before running to class. In terms of accessories, statement pieces are a great way to bring feminine flare to your ensemble, whether it be a necklace, bag, earrings, or a bracelet! Check out the images below for more inspo:

Good luck styling!

Meaghan 

Her Campus Tulane