This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

What’s your major?

Undecided. As of now, I’m Public Health, but I might double major in Business.

What are you involved in on and off campus?
Okay, where to begin? I teach an AIDS course for the Red Cross in schools in New Orleans. I sell rescue dogs for Dogs of the Ninth Ward at the Freret Street Market. I am on the “Breaking Waves” Tulane hip-hop team, I also started my own hip-hop team for the Kids of the Lower Ninth Ward Village Community Center. I am in  the Sigma Delta Tau sorority. I am the Swim 4 Success Project Coordinator. And I most recently modeled in New Orleans Fashion Week.

What is your favorite activity?
Probably teaching the AIDS course because the schools that I go to have no sexual education courses, so what we tell is basically the only thing that they know about HIV and AIDS, so it is very important.

Is it challenging balancing all of your activities, as well as school?
It’s difficult prioritizing which activities I need to go to, while keeping up my grades, but I usually make it to everything and do well on my schoolwork.

What has been the most memorable experience?
I have so many! One was when a 5 year old girl at Swim 4 Success ran to her mom and said that she can finally swim without holding onto the wall and was dying to show her how she can swim! It was so cute and the mom was so happy. Another was walking in New Orleans Fashion Week and meeting the designers of Sophomore and getting to walk the runway with them. I’ll always remember an 8th grade girl asking me after I taught the course if you could really get HIV from having sex without a condom.

Catherine Combs is a Tulane University Alumna, who majored in Communications and Political Science. She  has always had a soft spot for books, writing, and anything Chanel. When not searching for the final touches to her latest outfit idea, she can be found reading.