The Current: Lindsay Lohan Needs to Get a Clue

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

Lindsay Lohan is no stranger to drama.  From her early career as an actress to the personal turmoil she experienced as a teenager, Lohan has been through more than the average 24-year-old.  Before her 21st birthday, the actress was admitted to the first of many rehabilitation facilities for alcohol addiction.  She has since become publicly known for her bad behavior.

After many stints in prison, it seems that the actress will be returning.  Lohan was recently sentenced to 120 days in the slammer due to her drunk driving probation violation.  She has been given 480 hours of community service as well, 120 hours of which will be spent cleaning up the Los Angeles Morgue.  The other 360 hours will be spent at a downtown Los Angeles women’s center, in hopes that the interactions with women far less fortunate than Lohan will put things in perspective.

On the day in court of her jail sentence, Lohan also spent five hours in custody at Lynwood Correctional facility.  All of the actress’ five previous stints in jail have been at this facility.  The judge placed Lohan there due to violations regarding a necklace she allegedly stole.  The actress, however, was bailed out with $75,000.

There is a video streaming online previewing a soon-to-be-aired interview with Jay Leno.  In the clip, Lohan acknowledges that she has made mistakes.  However, she states that now she is “in the clear,” which is not entirely true.  The problem with Lohan is that she continually blames her handlers for her problems.  She also states that, in her position, “people make decisions for you.”  However, at the end of the day, it is the actress herself who has the power to make decisions.  If she did not want to drive drunk, or steal an expensive necklace, she would not have done these things.  Lohan needs to accept that she needs help and try to change her ways once and for all.

Catherine Combs is a Tulane University Alumna, who majored in Communications and Political Science. She  has always had a soft spot for books, writing, and anything Chanel. When not searching for the final touches to her latest outfit idea, she can be found reading.