Style > Beauty

The Coolest New Beauty Products to Try (& Gift Ideas!)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

The beauty industry is constantly coming up with new, inventive products that are both eye-catchingly unique but also make great additions to your makeup collection. Any of these products would make a great stocking stuffer or Christmas gift for that beauty-loving bestie of yours. Better yet, combine a few of your faves and put together a goodie bag with a few awesome products, throw in some treats to eat and a heartfelt note and you’ve got a great gift!! Read on to get the scoop (literally):

I Dew Care Ice Cream Masks

These adorable face masks are inspired by ice cream, with formulas that come in a variety of hydrating “soft serve” with rainbow sprinkles that give a burst of moisture, soothing “sorbet” with green tea and aloe to calm irritation, and brightening “gelato” that uses raspberry extract to lighten up your complexion! These masks are irresistibly cute and a must-try!

Glossier Lidstar

Glossier is known for their inventive and trendy makeup products, and these eyeshadow-glosses are no exception. Trailblazing this kind of product, Glossier offers six gorgeous shimmer eyeshadows in a liquid, ultra-blendable formula that is supposed to last you all day. My favorite is “Lily”, the sparkly lavender shade that compliments any eye color!

Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask

We always hear of face masks, but how often do we treat our lips? This mask, left on overnight, hydrates and reduces fine lines. It is especially important to keep your lips soft and supple during the colder winter months! It is also a small way to treat yourself by locking in moisture with the delicious fragrance of berry extracts that indulge your senses.

Fenty Beauty Lava Body Luminizer

Made in three iconic highlighter shades, Rihanna has done it again with this shimmery body “luminizer” that provides the incredibly sought-after dewy look. This product is great because it is incredibly versatile, and can be used on the legs or arms when you’re missing your summer glow, or applied to the face for an all-over glowy finish!

Too Faced Hangover 3-in-1 Replenishing Primer and Setting Spray Peach Edition

This product – a primer, setting spray, and “refreshing” spray – is one of the most top-rated for making your makeup last all day long. This is personally one of my favorite products, as you certainly get a good bang for your buck, and leaves your skin feeling hydrated and lightweight. 

I'm Izzy from Washington, D.C., studying Communications in the class of '23!
Her Campus Tulane