This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

I realize it’s a long-shot that many of the Her Campus readers recognize it’s almost time for March Madness. But then again, for the students of 64 schools, the NCAA basketball tournament will be marked by painted faces, hundreds of miles traveled, and the most intense 40 minutes of their life as they cheer on their team in the hopes of becoming the National Champions. 

Even though Tulane isn’t in the running for an invitation to the tournament, there is one very large reason why we should all care. That reason? ONE BILLION DOLLARS.

Warren Buffett and Quicken Loans are giving away a billion dollars to anyone who fills out a perfect NCAA men’s basketball tournament bracket. No one in recorded history has been able to accomplish this. But, with a free entry fee and a little bit of luck, whose to say you won’t be the world’s next billionaire? 

With 63 games to chose, the chance of successfully predicting the outcome is one in 9,223,372,036,854,775,808 — I don’t know about you, but I can’t even read that number. But hey, even if you can’t get the billion dollar prize, Quicken Loans will be awarding $100,000 to each of those with the 20 most accurate “imperfect” brackets. 

If there is a winner, the 1 billion dollars will be payable over the course of forty years in installments of $25 million or a 1 time payout of $500 million. Either way, not a bad starting salary, right? 

So my advice, take a chance. Even if you know nothing about basketball, just fill it out. Not only will this probably be your only chance at a billion dollars, but it will also probably be the least work you will ever have to do to have a chance at a billion dollars. 

You only have until Wednesday the 19th to fill out your bracket and space is limited, so click here to get started. 

Her Campus Tulane