Alyssa’s Loves & Loathes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

Loathe: Allergy Season

It has begun. The flowers are blooming. Birds are chirping. My allergies are in Heaven and I am in Hell.  I don’t understand why I can’t enjoy spring like everyone else. Stop and smell the roses? Not for this collegiette. On top of the fact that the pollen is attacking my immune system, I wear contacts. I swear even with the most intense allergy medicine, I can’t keep contacts in for more than two hours during the spring, forcing me to pull out the dreaded glasses. Sure, glasses are “in”. Sure, mine are trendy. But let’s be honest, glasses suck when you HAVE to wear them. I can’t see the big E on the eye chart without glasses or contacts.  Then, to add insult to injury, I had no idea my body could produce so much mucus. I keep blowing my nose and more stuff keeps coming out. It’s super unattractive. I feel like at a time when everything is so pretty I should be able to enjoy it rather than spending my days seeing through a cloud and sneezing.