5 Thoughts You Have While Watching the Bachelor

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

From someone who stayed away from the Bachelor as long as possible, it’s no wonder that watching it this season has been nothing short of a rollercoaster. Is Ben every girl’s dream guy? Is there anything normal about this situation? Why can’t I stop watching?

1.     Have we really accepted this as a normal thing that people do?

Okay, so maybe not normal, but c’mon—20 seasons?? Something must be working, I’m just not sure what. Is it the uncomfortable group dates? Is is the excuse to drink wine on a Monday night? Or maybe it’s just the hopeless romantic in all of us rooting for love (if that’s what we’re calling this). Honestly I don’t know, and I’m not trying to argue because right this second Ben is probably showing some girl around his middle-of-nowhere hometown and I need to pretend it’s actually me.

2.     Wait these girls are like, 6 months older than me.

I sleep through my alarm at least twice a week. My laundry basket is literally overflowing and I’ve convinced myself that reading tweets is the best way to stay politically informed. I can’t find matching socks, and these girls are trying to get wifed up? I don’t know what this means for my life or for theirs. Just going to sit here and get too involved in these strangers love life—who is going to get the one on one!?!?

3.     Hometown dates sounds like literally the worst idea, ever.

You are on a show with a dozen other girls competing for one man’s attention. Time to bring him home to the ‘rents? What could go wrong!! *Cringing*

4.     The “Fantasy Suite”, honestly?

I mean, I’m going to watch, but can we all just admit that it’s the weirdest and most uncomfortable situation to be televised, like, ever.

5.     *Ben smiles* This is so rude, tbh.

Oh my god, I am a person that now watches the Bachelor. I know what people are talking about when they post memes of Olivia. I once dreamed about receiving a rose. WHAT does this mean? It might be the fact that Ben Higgins rhymes with Tim Riggins but idk, I’m in trouble. Shh commercial break is over.

Her Campus Tulane