sarah gualtieri 9CApNIkRXRI unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sarah gualtieri 9CApNIkRXRI unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Reasons Why Halloween is Better in College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

While studying for midterms, my mind can’t stop drifting away from notes and Powerpoint slides towards the better end of the month – Halloween season. Although this was the ultimate day as a kid – because what could be better than going to school in an awesome costume and eating candy all night – it is even better as a college student.

1. Halloween is more than one day

In college, it’s more like Halloween Week – everyone can’t wait to begin the festivities. So why wait?

2. More than one costume

The perks of more than one day leads to the inevitable bonus of more than one costume. This gives you multiple chances to get creative with your ideas.

3. Eat all the candy you want

No parents are around to tell you you’ve “had enough,” or “you should save that for later.” So get your hands on all the Hershey Bars you can, and just keep eating….

4. Options! 

Days of trick or treating are over (yay but also kind of sad). Head to concerts, festivals, and parties, because Halloween is now simply a limitless day for fun and adventure.

5.You can carve your own pumpkin

Yes, we are in the south, but that doesn’t mean pumpkins can’t exist. So take on the task of carving your own pumpkin characters  with friends and roommates.