5 Blogs You Should Be Following

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

5 Blogs You Should Be Following

Blogs. They are the best way to catch up on the latest trends, find a new recipe to impress your friends with, or simply to read during class instead of taking notes. Here are 5 blogs that you should be following:

1. Cupcakes + Cashmere. Emily Fuller offers you a glimpse into her couture and culinary inspired world in this lifestyle blog. Cupcakes + Cashmere takes a very non-intimidating approach as Emily highlights easy-to-follow recipes, combines expensive, high fashion pieces with affordable brands, and inspiring and informative lifestyle series, such as career advice and DIY projects. Check it out here

2. FoodPornDaily. I mean the name says it all. This photo-blog features decadent savories and sweets coupled with even more indulgent descriptions (I’m talking captions like “lardons of bacon” and “drenched in buttermilk icing”). Just click, drool, and repeat on this website but we warn you to NEVER go on this site when hungry. Make sure you don’t forget the word “food” when typing the website name into the search bar…start salivating now!  

3. Sabrina Says. Tulane’s very own Sabrina Rudolph shares her witty humor…and slight awkwardness in this new blog. Topics ranging from Beyoncé, food, and the best in NOLA, Sabrina Says serves as the best resource for how to look good while eating good food, listening to music, and reading Yik Yak. Head on over to Sabrina Says to read about all her latest adventures.

4. Chocolate Covered Katie. Because we can’t always eat things with “lardons of bacon,” Chocolate Covered Katie offers amazing healthy dessert recipes. I didn’t think recipes like that existed either but this blog makes the impossible possible. With recipes for everything from healthy frostings to healthy pancakes, this blog will satisfy your sweet tooth without ruining all your hard work from ABT at Riley. Find healthy dessert recipes galore here!

5. P.S. I Made This. Ever see a piece of jewelry and art and wish you could make that on your own? Well this blog features DIY tutorials on everything from chord crystal bracelets to lipstick printed art wall. Grab your friends, chose a project and get creative (don’t forget to Instagram the final product because if you didn’t Instagram it, did it really happen?). Get inspired now! 

Her Campus Tulane