This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

There’s something special about hanging out with friends from out of town. Even though it’s so much easier to stay in contact with each other than it would’ve been years ago without modern technology, conversations through a computer really aren’t the same. Oh god, I sound like my mother. So, after an excellent long weekend, it was easy to tackle the short week of school (albeit with a ton of classwork). From finding new spots in Davis Square to using household items to create art projects, here are five little reminders of why it’s awesome to be at Tufts.

1.) Artsy friend’s talent + match box = perfect care package

2.) In these, I dashed up the hill to hug a friend I hadn’t seen in weeks. The strange looks from those I passed were totally worth it.

3.) Last week I was a restaurateur, and now I bowl? The things you learn in college…

4.) With a picture frame and mesh screen, an earring holder is born

5.) Cute folders to file important papers

Stephanie Haven is a freshman at Tufts University where she plans to major in Sociology with a minor in Communication and Media Studies. She enjoys making terrible puns about her Tufts of hair and Jumbo supply of stockpiled food. After college she plans to live in New York City where she hopes to pursue her dream of becoming a journalist. You can find her trying to figure out Twitter @stephaniehaven.
Danielle Carbonneau is a senior at Tufts University double majoring in English and Spanish with a minor in Communications and Media Studies. She is very interested in advertising and has been the editor-in-chief of a creative writing publication on campus. Danielle loves chocolate chip pancakes, horror stories, and her family. She has a crush on HerCampus and all the amazing contributing writers.