Tufts Things: Happy Halloween!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

Sometime today, take the shortcut into Davis Square. Whether they’re the creations of Somerville residents or students living off-campus, the houses along the walk have all-out Halloween decorations that have helped to set the mood for today’s holiday. And, as a proud 18-year-old trick-or-treater, nothing is more exciting to me than seeing community-wide holiday spirit. Here are five things to help (trick) turn Tufts to treat itself to a spooky Oct. 31.

1.) Spooky, sparkly Halloween decorations 

2.) “I’ll get you my pretty, and your little dog too.”

3.)  A pumpkin-patterned tablecloth, a perfect place for candy corn

4.) Glow-in-the-dark spider webbing with a seemingly friendly tarantula

5.)  A happy ghost? Must’ve gotten to the candy supply…   

Stephanie Haven is a freshman at Tufts University where she plans to major in Sociology with a minor in Communication and Media Studies. She enjoys making terrible puns about her Tufts of hair and Jumbo supply of stockpiled food. After college she plans to live in New York City where she hopes to pursue her dream of becoming a journalist. You can find her trying to figure out Twitter @stephaniehaven.
Danielle Carbonneau is a senior at Tufts University double majoring in English and Spanish with a minor in Communications and Media Studies. She is very interested in advertising and has been the editor-in-chief of a creative writing publication on campus. Danielle loves chocolate chip pancakes, horror stories, and her family. She has a crush on HerCampus and all the amazing contributing writers.