New TuftsLife, New Attitude

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

I’m sure that by now you’ve all noticed that something is different about the TuftsLife website – actually, the website has been completely revamped.  The website has been preparing for this overhaul for about a year, but were Tufts students ready for it?

The new face of the online hub of Tufts activity has met mixed reactions, and I must admit that I, too, was a little hesitant when I first viewed the new site.  “Where is Jumbo dressed according to today’s weather?!” (I’m bitter that they took him and his weather appropriate gear away).  There is, however, another significant change about my TuftsLife experience: the amount of time I spend on it.  The new tabs at the top get me right where I need to go, and from there I’m one click away from planning my weekend, or adding Career Center events to my calendar.  I’ve noticed that my search for specific campus happenings is less interrupted by posts advertising space heaters I don’t need, and found computer chargers that I didn’t lose.  (As much as I like to know what’s going on at Tufts, I don’t need a description of the contents in Tisch’s lost and found).

It takes some time to adjust to any change, but soon enough we will forget about the old TuftsLife website.  We will forget how each time slot was marked with questionable shades of browns and blues, and we will forget the sleeping Jumbo who told us that it was time to get in bed… Wait, who are we kidding? #BringBackJumbo

For all who worked hard on the TuftsLife revamp, know that your fellow Jumbos may have had a delayed reaction to the new site, but soon we will love it as much as you do.  And if we don’t, we will have the new iSIS site to distract us in just a couple of weeks!

Picture links:

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash4/188131_48443502026_6426219_n.jpg

http://www.tuftslife.com/assets/logo_144x56-a879b75926ac9d424943a47c24fe0600.png

Alex Horvitz is a junior at Tufts University in Boston, MA. She is double-majoring in Economics and Psychology and minoring in Communications and Media Studies. With a passion for beauty blogging, Alex is a contributing beauty blogger for Her Campus. Alex is a Co-President of Her Campus Tufts and she also worked as a Sales & Marketing Associate for Her Campus during the Summer of 2012. Email AlexHorvitz@hercampus.com with questions or connect with her on Twitter @Alex_Horvitz or LinkedIn!