mario calvo S mEIfXRzIk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
mario calvo S mEIfXRzIk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Culture > News

Melania Trump: With Great Infidelity Comes Great Power

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

Amidst Russian indictments and claims of domestic abuse against a former White House aide, who would think that another bombshell from the Trump presidency could take hold of American media yet again?

In a recent article from the New Yorker, writer John Farrow reveals more details about an alleged extramarital affair between President Trump and former Playboy Playmate Karen McDougal. The affair, allegedly lasting 9 months in 2006, occurred a few years into Donald and Melania Trump’s marriage, and only months after the birth of their son, Barron.

(Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris, Getty Images for Playboy)

This claim is only the most recent of many against the current President, including the scandal surrounding Trump’s lawyer’s payment of $130,000 to the porn star Stormy Daniels. These scandals reveal that the current turmoil in the White House even reaches the bedroom. Or two, I should say, as Trump and Melania sleep in different rooms according to Michael Wolff’s book Fire and Fury, notably the first couple since the Kennedys to sleep separately.  

More than a third of Americans believe that Melania should leave her husband. Amongst scandal after scandal in the White House, what is the First Lady to do when her philandering husband is the most powerful man in the country?

I am a second year majoring in International Relations and Spanish from Washington DC. As a Campus Correspondent, I cannot wait to lead Tufts Her Campus!
Lifelong content creator who prefers a straight up shot of female empowerment with a media and politics chaser.  Classical harpist for 11 years, and author of a children's book titled "Everything's Going to be OK," which I still very much believe.