Introducing Evoqe: The Perfect Companion for Tufts Student Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

The app that became everyone’s favorite companion for a night out last year is back and better then ever. The team that brought us WeParty revamped and renamed their app, and Evoqe is ready to take over Tufts student life. The team consists of 4 Tufts sophomores: Kofi Asante, Denis Bravenec, Richard Kim, and Jared Moskowitz.

I sat down with the team to learn about the new things Evoqe has to offer, and here’s everything you need to know:

Where did the name Evoqe come from?

One late night the team concluded that the name of the app should not confine them to simply parties or nightlife and that the name should be neutral. Richard, Lead Software Developer, explained that Evoqe “describes a specific feeling when you’re at a bar, party, show, or even chilling with your friends in the dorm and nothing else really matters except that moment right there. It embodies the college experience and the emotions associated with it.”

What makes Evoqe different from WeParty?

After the success of WeParty, the team realized the app had the capability to cover a much wider range of events then just parties. Rather then just promoting nightlife events, the app is now open to a larger community. There are more social events like shows, sporting events, concerts, philanthropy events, and school-sponsored events as well.

What does the future of Evoqe look like?

The Evoqe team wants to help students find and promote social events as easily as possible. The app has already been so successful at Tufts and continues to thrive, so they plan to bring the app to neighboring universities in Boston. As Denis, CO-CEO, explained, “we live in the best college town in the world so we want to help students know about more then just the fun things going on at their campus but [at] the ones around them too.”

How does Evoqe help groups promote their events?

The team released a secondary app called “Evoqe Host” which student organizations can find on the Apple App Store. Flyers, emails, and Facebook events only reach so far and are time consuming, so the second app allows groups to promote their events to everyone on campus with one click. It also has the capability of pulling the information from an already existing Facebook event to make the process as easy as possible.

Does Evoqe still offer the awesome deals at nearby restaurants?

Not only does Evoqe still have deals with everyone’s favorite eateries (such as Pizza Days, Yoshi’s, iYo Café, Petiscos and Soundbites) but they’ve also added bars to the mix. There are now offers exclusive to Evoqe users. Evoqe wants everyone to get the things they want on a college budget and Kofi, CO-CEO says, “If anyone ever has any place they want on the app we’d love to hear about it.”

After talking to the team about the actual app, I asked Kofi what his favorite thing about Evoqe is. Aside from actually going to the events he said he likes the “text a friend feature” because all of the information from the event is sent to their phone so he doesn’t have to go back and forth about details. Kofi also said:

“[The] thing that helps a ton with our team is that we are all friends outside of the start up. I think that is kind of necessary because of all the late nights you spend working on this, it’d be pretty tough to spend all that time together if you didn’t genuinely want to be with each other.  Everyone pushes themselves so ridiculously hard and we can honestly not point to one person that holds us back. It’s very rare to find people that are passionate about the same things and are talented enough to make it happen.”

Don’t miss out on all the great things Tufts has to offer; let Evoqe be your companion app.

(Evoqe is available for download from the app store)