This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

Now that spring is fast approaching, it’s time to update your wardrobe with the latest trends. We have several outfit options for you in all the various styles that come out in the spring time.

IF YOU’RE ALL ABOUT FUN IN THE SUN….

Try making a statement with color. We love bright pastels and warm tones to help you transition from a harsh winter to a sunny spring. We also encourage florals! They are a great way to get a mix of color, pattern, and girliness all in one. Pairing white lace or silk with cute jean cutoffs is definitely a must. On the hotter days, go for sandals or wedges but when heading to class on the hill, suede booties might be a better way to go. Skirts, rompers, shorts and crop-tops are all necessary for being flirty and fun.

IF YOU’RE ALL ABOUT KEEPING IT COOL…

Be sexy, edgy, chic, hipster and simple all at once. On those breezy days put a pair of high-wasted, light cotton pants and a loose tee and you’ll be set for the day. If you’re feeling a bit sportier, throw on a leather jacket and some bight colored hot pants. We love a printed tank to go underneath to finish off this edgier look. Layering different fabrics will certainly catch the eyes of any other fashionable collegiettes. Collared denim button downs mixed with vintage band shirts sets yourself apart with a hipster vibe. Finally, we recommend keeping it simple and comfy. Nothing says easy going like a cotton dress and some converse. 

IF YOU’RE ALL ABOUT ACCESSORIZING….

Then wear accessories on accessories on accessories. Go retro with poppin’ lipstick and some hippie shades. Any sort’ve sunglasses are a good way of making a statement while also hiding a hangover. We’re obsessed with cross-body leather satchels and keeping it casual with a sun hat. Jewelry is always a good go-to when it comes to spicing up an outfit. Mix multi-colored bracelets or add intricate necklaces to complete your hip outfit.

IF YOU’RE ALL ABOUT ANTI-COLOR….

Don’t think for a second that spring has to mean wear the rainbow. Black is always in and mixing it with something white hot is very flattering. It’s a good combination of sweet and sexy. Dainty lace white shorts can totally be rocked with a torn, black, panther bro tank. We think a soft white sweater is an obvious choice over a layered mesh skirt. Bring out those black denim jeans you thought you’d have to save for next fall and add a sheer white tank top and black lace bandeau. Finally, we say go all in for spring in a flirty white skirt and black striped v-neck to attract that hottie from class.

IF YOU’RE ALL ABOUT THAT FLOW….

Buy a maxi. Period. The flowiness of the long skirt is one of the most comfortable and easy to wear pieces that hide any extra pounds you’re still working on dropping for summer. If the full maxi dress isn’t for you, go with a long, sheer skirt and tuck in a camisole to get that perfect combination of fitted and loose. A light sweater also works to offset the summeriness of the skirt and keep you warm on the hill. Diving all in, we definitely suggest going for a bold color and a dress that accentuates your waist so you don’t get lost amidst all the fabric. Cut outs or an open back scream sex appeal and take away any fears of looking the least bit matronly. 

Simmone Seymour is a current student at Tufts University studying Political Science, Economics, and Communications. She is interested in films, fashion, art, design, marketing, advertising, PR, blogging, new trends and the DIY movement. She is now the Campus Correspondent for the Tufts University Chapter of Her Campus and blogs for the Beauty School Blog. She aspires to get involved in marketing and has worked at Kirkland & Ellis LLP, Hungry Fish Media, Jack Morton Worldwide, Argopoint LLP, the Tufts Daily, the HC headquarters as a Marketing & Sales Associate, and at Leo Burnett Worldwide.In her spare time (which is far and in between) she freelance writes for publications, maintains a blog, learns about graphic design and coding, and explores which ever city she may be in. Her idols are Chelsea handler, Sheryl Sandberg, and Marissa Meyer.Got something fashion or beauty-related you think is amazing? Contact Simmone at SimmoneSeymour@hercampus.com to discuss article inquiries.