Freshmen Confessions

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

From hooking up with your orientation leader to not quite knowing what happened last night, Tufts class of 2017 had an interesting, and sometimes a little awkward, first month of college. Let’s take a peek at what Tufts’ freshmen had to confess.

“Last Saturday I woke up with several numbers that I don’t recognize and a bunch of new contacts with illegible names… That means it was a good first weekend of college right?”

Or a sloppy one…?

“I hooked up with my orientation leader during sex signals.”

Classy.

“Friday night of the first week of classes I was taking a shower in my floor communal showers, when out of nowhere someone pops into the bathroom. It turns out to be one of my hall mates and a girl, both drunk. I’m just there thinking—wtf! At home I lock my bathroom when I shower, and I usual shower late, so this was especially unexpected. To make matters worse, he and this chick start talking about how “blasted” they were and how “hot and sexy” they were. Then, after a while, the girl says, “Oh, wait, there’s someone in the shower.” My hall mate just replied matter-of-factly: “Yup.” The following morning: “Hey man, I’m sorry about that, I was soo drunk…hahah.” Me (internally): No sh**! Me (actually):“Yeah…”

I’m not sure if I should be creeped out or laughing?

“430 HASKELL B**CHES ARE THE BEST B**CHES ON THE BLOCK #YOLO”

Right…

“I love Tufts even more than I thought I would.”

Yay! I love Tufts, too!

“Two weeks in and I’ve already had a cuddle session with someone from my dorm. I probably should have resisted the temptation, now things might be weird.”

Chill, it was just a cuddle sesh, Collegiette…

“During Healthy Living Week and Yom Kippur, 5 people from Houston got TEMS-ed!! Houston living up to its name! Good Job!”

Haha, typical. Try to be safe!

“I moved into my dorm before my roommate because I did a pre-orientation so I took the better bed, desk and closet.”

Who didn’t?

“I have a crush on every decently attractive upperclassmen guy.”

You and every other freshman girl

“I’ve gotten more action in the last two weeks, then my entire public school career. College life for the win!”

That’s hilarious but I’m proud of you!

Alex Horvitz is a junior at Tufts University in Boston, MA. She is double-majoring in Economics and Psychology and minoring in Communications and Media Studies. With a passion for beauty blogging, Alex is a contributing beauty blogger for Her Campus. Alex is a Co-President of Her Campus Tufts and she also worked as a Sales & Marketing Associate for Her Campus during the Summer of 2012. Email AlexHorvitz@hercampus.com with questions or connect with her on Twitter @Alex_Horvitz or LinkedIn!