Everything you ever wanted to know about the Kardashian/Jenner pregnancies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

If you’ve scanned People or US Weekly recently, or even glimpsed at the most talked about stories on your Facebook timeline, you would have been hard pressed to avoid mention of the breaking news: the triple-Kardashian pregnancies. Kim, Kylie and Khloe, all pregnant with due dates within months of each other. Again, the Kardashian/Jenner clan has managed to take the social media world by storm with the happenings of their high-profile family.

The pregnancy rumor-mill started just in June 2017, when reports surfaced that Kim Kardashian and Kanye West were hoping to give birth to a third child via a surrogate. The famous couple reportedly paid $68,850 to a surrogacy agency and compensated the publicly unknown surrogate with an additional $45,000. The decision to use a surrogate reportedly stemmed from Kim’s previous two high-risk pregnancies, during which she suffered from preeclampsia (high blood pressure) and placenta accreta (a life-threatening condition that required the doctor to manually remove her placenta from her uterine wall).

In early September of 2017, news broke that Kanye and Kim are expecting a girl due in January 2018. The news was confirmed by the promo video for the currently airing season 14 of Keeping Up with the Kardashians, in which Kim tells Khloe that she is expecting. This new baby will be the third child of the pair, following North (age 4) and Saint (age 1). Interestingly, this pregnancy is the only one of the three Kardashian/Jenner expectancies to be publicly confirmed by the family. However, sources say that season 14 will highlight all three pregnancies extensively.

Not three weeks after the reveal of the Kim/Kanye due date, the internet was hit with a curveball that no one expected. On September 22, rumors broke that the youngest member of the Kardashian/Jenner clan, Kylie Jenner (age 20) is expecting a child with her boyfriend of five months, rapper Travis Scott. Although no one from the family has yet to confirm or deny the rumor, multiple sources have affirmed it as true. Kylie, the usually active Instagram selfie flaunter, has recently been hiding her stomach in photos or posting throwbacks. She is said to be expecting a baby girl in February 2018.

The third and final Kardashian pregnancy buzz to hit the social media world occurred just four days after the Kylie pregnancy news broke. On September 26, multiple sources confirmed that Khloe Kardashian and boyfriend Cleveland Cavaliers basketball player Tristan Thompson are expecting a child in March 2018. Khloe had previously shared with the public about her struggles to get pregnant with ex-husband Lamar Odom, so many fans were thrilled to hear that Khloe had finally been able to successfully get pregnant. Once the Kylie and Khloe pregnancy news hit the public, rumors began to brew that one of the sisters was acting as Kim’s surrogate. Although this is not impossible, multiple sources have claimed that this is not the case.

Whether you love them or hate them, these pregnancies are sure to tighten the Kardashian/Jenner family’s iron grip on reality TV and social media spheres. Early 2018 is sure to be filled with plenty of birth announcements and well-dressed baby Instagram posts from this wealthy, famous, and rather ostentatious family.

Sources:

Sonia Groeneveld is a first year at Tufts from Narberth, Pennsylvania studying Economics and Sociology.
Courtney is a junior at Tufts University where she is majoring in International Relations with a double minor in Communications & Media studies and Economics. She has previously worked for Santander Bank US as a Digital Marketing Analytics Intern as well as Jumpstart Knowledge Adventure where she focused on Social Media Content Creation.