DIY Valentine’s Day Present: Sweet Treats Bouquet

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

Do you want to give your Valentine something other than the usual box of chocolates or bouquet of roses this year?  Why not a bouquet of desserts instead?  This Do-it-Yourself project is a great activity to do with your friends, and it will help you make something unique for your special guy!

Materials
– Paper
– Cute mug
– Toothpicks
– Colored construction paper
– Tape
– Scissors
– Cupcakes
– Cookies
– Candies

Step 1: Baking
Find out what your sweetie pie’s favorite cupcake or cookie flavor is and start baking.  It doesn’t matter if you make these goodies from scratch or buy them from a store. 

Step 2: Assemble the bouquet
Stuff the inside of your mug with paper and top it with a paper ball that fits in snugly. (This will anchor the treats you are going to add). Using scissors or toothpicks, poke small holes into the paper ball where you want your baked goods to go.  Stick one end of the toothpick into the cupcake, cookie, or candy, and place the other end in the hole you’ve made in the paper ball. Remember to use as many toothpicks as you need to — you don’t want your bouqet to fall apart!

Step 3: Decorate
Use construction paper, stickers, or whatever else looks cute to decorate your bouquet.  I drew little hearts on mine, but you can personalize yours with cute messages to your Valentine.  Attach your decorations to the toothpicks, stick them in all of the bald spots, and violà! Just make sure your man repays you for your sweetness this Valentine’s evening.

Danyelle McInnis is a graduating senior at Tufts University, majoring in English.  She's interested in short story-writing, journalism, marketing, photography, creating websites, baking, and grilled cheese sandwiches.  She's left-handed and always has a secret stash of candy on hand in case the world suddenly runs out of sugar.  In her spare time, she writes about her ongoing transformation from pack rat to minimalist on her blog, Greyer Than Gray.  
Alex Horvitz is a junior at Tufts University in Boston, MA. She is double-majoring in Economics and Psychology and minoring in Communications and Media Studies. With a passion for beauty blogging, Alex is a contributing beauty blogger for Her Campus. Alex is a Co-President of Her Campus Tufts and she also worked as a Sales & Marketing Associate for Her Campus during the Summer of 2012. Email AlexHorvitz@hercampus.com with questions or connect with her on Twitter @Alex_Horvitz or LinkedIn!