The Best Boots for Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

Fall is coming to an end and winter is right around the corner. As you mournfully pack your Steve Madden coral sandals away and take your puffy winter jacket out of storage, it is easy to feel like your winter clothes are just not as appealing as those crop tops you wore all summer. However, with the ice cold wind and torrential snow fall comes a winter trend that no Collegiette can ignore: Winter Boots!! With all the amazing boots to choose from it is easy to get overwhelmed. But don’t you worry, here is a breakdown of the hottest boot trends of the season to make the transition into winter fun and festive.

1. The Casual Boot

Although it won’t be snowing every day this winter, there will come a time when your ballerina flats are no longer acceptable and your “casual boots” will become the norm. Since you will be wearing these boots multiple days out of the week, it is important that they are versatile yet still trendy. Brown riding boots are really in this season. Try something like these tattered Lucky Brand boots.

2. The Boot with the Heel

Whether it is a night out in Boston with your friends or dinner with the family, a classic black boot with a heel will always fit the occasion. Try suede over-the-knee boots rather than patent leather ones for a classier look.

3. The Rain Boot

For those days when the snow is falling in droves, you’ll need a shoe that will keep you from falling on your butt but still matches your winter parka. They may not be the most fashionable items in your closet, but rain boots are a must to get you through the winter season. Black Hunters are a good way to go.

4. The Short Booties  

When you want to dress your look up a bit and the over the knee boot is not appropriate, short-heeled booties are perfect. We’re loving black suede booties!

5. The Fuzzy Boot

For those more casual days where knee high boots are not an option and your main goal is to not get frostbite, you’ll need something warm and cozy to keep your toes from falling off. These short Ugg Duck boots will be sure to keep your feet warm while withstanding the slippery snow covered paths.

Photos Courtesy of: bloomingdales.com, shopbop.com, usa.hunter-boot.com, macys.com