This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

Name: Beau Wood

Nickname(s): Bovice 

Hometown: Sherwood Forest, MD

Major: Computer Engineering

Year: Junior 

Do you play on any sports teams at Tufts? What position? When did you start playing?

I’ve been playing lacrosse since I was 6, and I play attack for the Tufts Men’s Lacrosse Team.

Did the team, coach, program, etc. have any impact on your decision to come to Tufts?

Absolutely.  I began looking at Tufts because of its Engineering School, but was ultimately drawn here by Coach Daly and the members of the team who I met on my recruiting trip during my senior year of high school.

What is your favorite part about being on lacrosse team?

My favorite part of being on the lacrosse team is being around my best friends all the time.  It’s also great to represent Tufts while competing for NESCAC and National Championships.

Do you have any siblings?

I have one brother, Blake, who is also at Tufts. He’s a freshman and he looks just like me, but skinnier, and with long, blonde hair. 

What is your favorite thing about Tufts ?

Living in the 209 Party Mansion.

Are you single, taken, waiting till marriage … ?

Single and ready to mingle.

What is your favorite movie?

Good Will Hunting

What is your favorite song?

“Fat Lip” by Sum 41

For all the jersey chasers out there: what do you like or look for in a girl?

Definitely fun, outgoing and active.  Tall is a plus.

Carm or Dewick?

Dewick, it’s all about the face time.

Who is your favorite superhero?

Batman

Mila Kunis or Blake Lively?

Blake Lively, specifically in the movie “Accepted.”

What are you most looking forward to during second semester?

I can’t wait for it to finally get warm again – I’m pretty sick of all this snow.

Jessica Lee is a senior at Tufts University in Medford, MA. Before transferring to Tufts in the fall of 2011, she spent a semester abroad in Paris, and studied at Claremont McKenna College in Claremont, CA, for two years. Jessica is majoring in English and minoring in Communications & Media Studies, with an eye towards working in PR or Marketing. Never one to shy away from taboo topics or keep her opinion to herself, Jessica enjoys coming up with topics for her weekly “He Said vs. She Said” column.
Simmone Seymour is a current student at Tufts University studying Political Science, Economics, and Communications. She is interested in films, fashion, art, design, marketing, advertising, PR, blogging, new trends and the DIY movement. She is now the Campus Correspondent for the Tufts University Chapter of Her Campus and blogs for the Beauty School Blog. She aspires to get involved in marketing and has worked at Kirkland & Ellis LLP, Hungry Fish Media, Jack Morton Worldwide, Argopoint LLP, the Tufts Daily, the HC headquarters as a Marketing & Sales Associate, and at Leo Burnett Worldwide.In her spare time (which is far and in between) she freelance writes for publications, maintains a blog, learns about graphic design and coding, and explores which ever city she may be in. Her idols are Chelsea handler, Sheryl Sandberg, and Marissa Meyer.Got something fashion or beauty-related you think is amazing? Contact Simmone at SimmoneSeymour@hercampus.com to discuss article inquiries.