5 Things to Get Excited for This Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

At the end of the semester and on the brink of finals, you might start to feel bogged down by the papers, exams and stress. Don’t get too upset, though, because summer is right around the corner! Here are five reminders that at the end of all this work comes a well-deserved break!

1. Warm weather!

As a first year at Tufts coming from D.C., I thought I would be somewhat prepared for the cold weather. What I did not know, however, is that spring is a short-lived season in Boston, where snow continued to fall this year in April (on my birthday no less, thanks Mother Nature). Get ready for less snow, less wind and more sun in the upcoming months!

2. Seeing Your Family

Whether or not your family gets on your nerves every once in a while, you are bound to miss them during the months away from home. Unlike winter break or Thanksgiving, where you try to cram seeing high school friends and extended family into a few, short weeks, you can enjoy the summer relaxing with family. You can spend more time with your siblings or pets and make memories that will last. 

3. Music Festivals

One of my favorite parts of summer are the music festivals. Whether it be Boston Calling, Lollapalooza, Governors Ball, Bonnaroo or “Beychella,” you can finally enjoy good music, good weather and good food without the thought of midterms or papers filling your mind. 

4. Making Money!!

Summer is the perfect time to find an internship or job whether at home or in another city. Take advantage of the extra time and find a way to make money over the summer that you can save up for the rest of the year! 

5. Visiting Your College Friends

One advantage of having college friends from across the country, is the chance to visit them! This summer I plan to visit two of my friends in Chicago for the first time. What are the benefits of going to stay with friends? No hotel room fees, and a chance to see your friends! Take advantage of the time off from school and visit some new places–you won’t regret it. 

I am a second year majoring in International Relations and Spanish from Washington DC. As a Campus Correspondent, I cannot wait to lead Tufts Her Campus!