TRINTOBERFEST ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Trinity chapter.

Date: October 17, 2014

Time: 4-7 pm

Where: The Main Quad

Turn up that German music and grab your favorite pair of lederhosens because it’s that time of the year again! This Friday is the 3rd annual Trintoberfest. For those of you who may not know about the event or want some more information, here’s the LD on Trintoberfest:

1. The event is hosted by Trinity’s event planning committee known as Barnyard.

Barnyard is short for Trinity College Barnyard Entertainment. If you’d like to learn more about the committee and to be updated about upcoming campus events this year, follow Barnyard on their Instagram and Facebook accounts.

Instagram: @tc_barnyard

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TrinCollbarnyardentertainment

2. Everything is FO FREE!

As tradition, Barnyard will be giving out custom-made Trintoberfest t-shirts and steins during the event. There will also be free food and drinks – both nonalcoholic and alcoholic –  at the event. Also, make sure to look out for some of your favorite brands like Harding Lane and NEELY by VNB … to name a few!

3. Alcohol at a school event? Yes!

For those who are 21+ … once you provide a valid state ID you will then be given a wristband that will have tabs on them. This year you will get 6 tabs: 5 for tastings and then 1 for a full beer. There are many different delicious flavors of beer and a hard cider to choose from, so taste the night away!

4. You can still come to Trintoberfest if you are not 21!

Don’t worry, we do not bite! Many people on campus think that Trintoberfest is only for those who can drink at the event, but I’m here to bust that myth. Barnyard invites and encourages all students to come to the Trintoberfest. If you are not 21, there is still much for you to do. There will be lots of good food to eat, music to listen to, games to play, and giveaways to grab. It is a beautifully set up, open air environment for all students to come and socialize all at once.

5.  A variety of Trinity clubs and organizations co-sponsor Trintoberfest.

Although the event was created and is hosted by Barnyard, any group can get involved. A wide range of organizations such as The Brew Club, The German Club, MOCA, AASA, I-House, the Fred, the Mill, and all Greek life help sponsor the event. You may even see some groups promoting their club at Trintoberfest under one of the many small tents surrounding the big tent.  So, come one, come all!

There will be tons of special prizes and surprises tomorrow so stop by Trintoberfest at the Main Quad by the Chapel from 4-7pm tomorrow, because if you don’t know, now you know.

PROST!

American Studies Major at Trinity College