Ryan Miller ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Trinity chapter.

We’re catching up with Trinity College Barnyard’s (EAC), chair of the promotional committee, Ryan Miller ’17.

1. What does the promotional committee do?

This year I am the Chair of the promotional committee. Our committee of five students has representation from all four classes and we are in charge of spreading the word about our events and programs. This year we have distributed fliers for events such as Trintoberfest and most recently the Presidential Ball to celebrate the inauguration of our new school President. The promotional committee is also behind the Facebook event pages and Instagram (always tag tc_barnyard at our events). We are trying our best to make sure all students are aware and excited about the many events and programs that Barnyard offers to the school community.  

2. Barnyard hosted the Presidential Ball this past weekend. For those who did not attend, did they miss out on the Presidential fun?

Barnyard launched the Presidential Ball to commemorate President Berger-Sweeney’s Inauguration as the 22nd President of Trinity College. Barnyard has never hosted an event similar to this, and we could not be more satisfied with how Saturday went.  President Berger-Sweeney was able to meet many students and gave a wonderful toast to the many relationships she hopes to foster with the students here at Trinity. Following the toast, students at the event were able to catch some of our President’s dance moves as she moved to “All About That Bass.” Everyone in attendance had plenty to laugh and smile about. The open bar was also a hit among upperclassmen. I would not be surprised if Barnyard chooses to make the Presidential Ball an annual event.

3. How is your group communicating with the student body?

Barnyard is currently using Twitter and Facebook to spread the word about our events. Follow and like our pages to find out more about our events. We also post a lot of pictures from each event so be sure to attend and you might see yourself up on our page.

Facebook: facebook.com/trincollbarnyardentertainment

Instagram: tc_barnyard

4. What should we look forward to this year?

This year our President Aysen Mudderrisoglu ‘15 has encouraged the Barnyard committee to brainstorm ideas for the student events. The details are still in the works however we are expecting great music and collaboration with other on campus social and cultural groups. This event will be held later in the semester and with enough success could definitely become one of Barnyard’s annual parties.

5. Which artist/genre would you like to hear at Spring Weekend?

I’m a big country music fan! This year Barnyard sent out a school-wide survey via email asking everyone what music genre they prefer for the main concert during Spring Weekend. I encourage everyone to vote and suggest an artist if they have one in mind. Once Barnyard has the results we will be able contract an artist that caters to the winning vote from the survey. The promotional committee has plans for a big social media campaign to get everyone excited for one of the most favored weekends of the year.

Steph Taylor

Laurier Brantford

24 years old. Journalism major. I have already achieved a Journalism diploma from Niagara College, now on my way to gaining my BA in Broadcast Journalism. I love hockey, music and hanging out with my girls.
American Studies Major at Trinity College