Nauti & Co.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Trinity chapter.
Penn Steel ’12 tells HerCampusTrin about a new clothing tend that is sweeping Trinity College campus!

HerCampusTrin: Can you give me some background on the company?

Nauti & Co. was started by two guys from Hoboken NJ, they do all of their work from a barn just outside of Hoboken. They began by taking scrap wood from old barn sites and docks and making coffee tables and picture frames. The idea expanded to clothing after they began to make shirts for their family getaways, and they started the brand of Nauti & Co.

HerCampusTrin: How did you get involved?

I got involved last summer with one of my friends, who’s mom is an interior designer in Philadelphia. We kept in contact with the two guys that started the company and for a couple days last summer we went up and helped them work in the Nauti & Co barn. Since then I have stayed in touch with them and now I am selling their clothing on Trinity’s campus.

HerCampusTrin: Describe the products.

They produce quality, nautical themed clothing for both guys and girls, drink accessories, beach handbags, picture frames and coffee tables which are made from wood they go out and find.  

HerCampusTrin: What’s your involvement in the product?
I am currently selling Nauti & Co clothing on campus. I have everything for both guys and girls including, v-neck shirts, tank tops, multiple colors of men’s t-shirts (with small enough sizes for girls) and sweatshirts. 
HerCampusTrin: What kind of feeling do you think the clothing is supposed to inspire?
I think that Trinity is the perfect spot for this clothing.  The clothing is not limited to any one group of people, but it has been most popular among kids in their early to mid 20’s who spend their summers in beach towns and tropical places.
HerCampusTrin: What’s your favorite item of clothing?
One of my favorite items of clothing that they do is the tank top. I never used to wear tank tops, but I ended up spending nearly the whole summer in my tank.  The material is comfortable and breathable and so light that it feels like you’re not wearing a shirt. Their sweatshirts are also really comfortable; they are a light, thin material that keeps you warm on chilly summer nights. 
 HerCampusTrin: Anything else to add?
Contact me at my Trinity e-mail address if you want to check out any of the gear.

Source: nautiandco.com

Julia is a senior at Trinity College in Hartford, CT.  She is a double major in English and American Studies.  Julia serves on the English Adviosry Board, and is an active particpant in various performances on campus through the Thearter and Dance and the Music Department at Trinity.  She loves to write, has a passion for music and dance, and sometimes thinks she's as funny as Vince Vaughn.