Music for your Halloweekend!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Trinity chapter.

From Christmas carols, to birthday songs, to patriotic anthems on the 4th of July, it seems there is an appropriate playlist for almost every holiday. When it comes to Halloween; however, great spooky music is not what comes to mind! To me, this is a serious issue, especially on places like college campuses where the festivities may stretch across long weekends – anyone going out Thursday through Monday this year? Obviously costumes are the most important part of your Halloweekend, so while you spend time putting together these hilarious, sexy, clever masterpieces, I made sure to find you an interesting array of the best Halloween-y music out there.

Of course we have to start out with a classic – Thriller by Michael Jackson has been “thrilling” people for almost thirty years now. Its creepy-seasonal qualities would never be complete without the awe-inspiring music video however, so make sure to watch and maybe try to learn the dance with your friends!

Speaking of classics, the Monster Mash by Bobby Boris Pickett & the Cryptkeepers cannot be forgotten. This video will bring you back to the old days of horror films with its black and white clips.

Superstition by Stevie Wonder is of course, another classic. I was able to find a techno remix of it, but the jury’s still out on whether the original can be topped! Either way, it’s a fun way to start dancing as the night goes on.

Another great oldie I was able to find a remix to was the Ghostbusters theme. LMFAO’s version is actually pretty good, and will definitely get you excited for a Halloween-filled late night.

This final Halloween song I found is a mix by DJs from Mars, one of my favorite DJs. Not sure how scary or Halloween themed the song could actually be considered, but it has Zombie in the title and a great beat, so I was sold.

My last treat for you is a video of a house in California that made a Halloween-themed lights show to LMFAO’s song “Party Rock Anthem” – not sure what this song has to do with Halloween, but check it out!

Source: http://theweblicist.com/wordpress/2007/10/31/ny-halloween-party-on-west-69th-street/

Julia is a senior at Trinity College in Hartford, CT.  She is a double major in English and American Studies.  Julia serves on the English Adviosry Board, and is an active particpant in various performances on campus through the Thearter and Dance and the Music Department at Trinity.  She loves to write, has a passion for music and dance, and sometimes thinks she's as funny as Vince Vaughn.