HerCampusTrin’s Guide to 80’s Night

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Trinity chapter.

Haven’t gotten your eighties outfit yet?  We’ve got some recommendations for where to shop for last minute threads!  Remember when dressing up for eighties – go big or go home.  Read on…

1.  Savers – This Berlin turnpike superstore should be on everyone’s bucket list to visit before they leave Trinity.  Savers is the size of a department store, but it is completely filled with secondhand items! It takes some digging, but you can find some killer 80s items from the decade itself!
 2.  The Salvation Army – The Salvation Army is much smaller than Savers, but has some great thrift store attire.  Definitely should be a stop on your quest.
 3.  The Coop – Many people don’t know this, but our very own campus has a secondhand store!  In the basement of Jackson, the Coop has a used clothes section that is a perfect way to get cheap clothes conveniently!
 4.  Walmart – Walmart has some DIY options: Buy a crewneck sweatshirt, cut off of the neck, and wear it off the shoulder.  You can also buy gloves and cut the fingers off, Madonna-style.  Walmart even has scrunchies! Eighties ensemble: done-zo.

Look your best for Eighties on Saturday, October 15, and as Simple Minds’ “Don’t You (Forget About Me)” fades out, you know you will be the best dressed at Eighties 2011.

Julia is a senior at Trinity College in Hartford, CT.  She is a double major in English and American Studies.  Julia serves on the English Adviosry Board, and is an active particpant in various performances on campus through the Thearter and Dance and the Music Department at Trinity.  She loves to write, has a passion for music and dance, and sometimes thinks she's as funny as Vince Vaughn.