This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Trinity chapter.

This week we got the chance to catch up with a different kind of campus celeb than our usual, Matthew Porter is not in charge of a club or an event but instead, he is in charge of a team.  Senior, captain, was able to tell us a little bit about himself and the football team in order to prepare Her Campus readers for the heat of football season right around the corner!!

Matthew, who is a senior Psychology major from Chicago, Illinois, is the epitome of a true leader.  The athletes on campus often refer to him as Mr. Mayor of campus, due to his kind-heart and outgoing personality.  Porter, a four-year starter for the football team, is an offensive line center and can stop anyone who comes his way.  When asking Porter about his love for football, he explained how he has been playing for pretty much his entire life and could not imagine life without football.  His favorite part about the football team here at Trinity is hands down the brotherhood that is formed between the guys, which may be the reason for the programs success over the last few years.  Senior captain describes his job as being a good role model for the younger guys on the team, keeping the team together through adversity, and being an overall leader on and off the field.  

With an impressive resume on the field, Porter was named to the Second Team All-NESCAC in 2014 and his freshman year was Trinity’s Offensive Rookie of the Year.  Off the field, Porter and his teammates help mentor young students in an after-school program in Hartford at McDonough Elementary. 

With homecoming right around the corner, Porter is confident a championship is possible for the 2015-2016 Bantam Squad.  He reminisced on freshman year when he won the NESCAC championship at Wesleyan.  “It was an experience I was not only fortunate enough to be a part of, but also one that I will never forget” said Porter.  The possibility of having that feeling twice in one career would be the perfect way to end senior year for Porter and his fellow teammates!

Make sure to support our celeb Matthew Porter in the upcoming games these next few weekends. Whether he is listening to his favorite warm up song (Watch Out by 2 Chainz), dancing in the locker room, or extending his help to the youth in Hartford, Porter will be sure to get the job done as captain and as our celeb.  Go number 64!!! Her Campus is rooting for you this season!  

Currently a Senior at Trinity College with a major of Educational Studies and Special Ed. Four year member and captain of the Women's Basketball Team.
Kelly is a junior at Trinity College, double majoring in English and American Studies. Besides being the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus, she is a barista at Peter B's Espresso, Features Editor of The Trinity Tripod, and a member of the executive council for SGA.