This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Trinity chapter.

Kasey Ording
Major: Economics
Favorite fall fashion trend: sweater dresses and colored denim

Mary Morr
Major: Public Policy
Favorite fall fashion trend: boots with socks

What does ACES stand for? Tell us about your biggest projects of the year.

ACES stands for “Annual Community Events Staff.” Our biggest events of the year are Halloween on Vernon and the ACES auction, but we have events about once every month.

How did you two get involved in ACES?

We got involved in ACES because we both really like being involved in campus life and community service. Mary also got involved because she loves working with kids, and Kasey likes being able to do things for the community and work to improve Hartford. She also really likes the group of people involved in ACES and has a really good time getting to know other students.

Halloween on Vernon is one of the biggest events on campus this fall. How do you keep it so organized?

Halloween on Vernon is well organized partly because it’s such a well established event. Most of the organizations already know what it is because they have participated in the past and are very excited to be a part of the event each year. There are also a lot of people in the community that know about the event which is great. Other than that, it’s a lot of meetings and emails. We have to make sure we contact as many people as possible and coordinate which organization is doing which activity to make sure everyone doesn’t do the same thing. Lots of spreadsheets. We also have awesome members of ACES who are great about designing shirts, buying supplies, putting up posters, etc.

What’s your favorite thing about working on Halloween on Vernon?

Favorite things about working on Halloween on Vernon: Mary likes seeing kids she works with in schools come to Halloween on Vernon. Kasey likes seeing how excited the kids get about trick-or-treat, and also that the campus gets so involved by either working on organization activities or chaperoning.

ACES is a great way to volunteer and be a part of the community. How do HerCampusTrin readers get involved?

Anyone who wants to join is welcome to join! Our meetings are open to everyone and are always Monday at 5:30 in the Community Service Lounge. People can also email us at trinaces@gmail.comfor more information.

Julia is a senior at Trinity College in Hartford, CT.  She is a double major in English and American Studies.  Julia serves on the English Adviosry Board, and is an active particpant in various performances on campus through the Thearter and Dance and the Music Department at Trinity.  She loves to write, has a passion for music and dance, and sometimes thinks she's as funny as Vince Vaughn.