5 Holiday Makeup Trends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Trinity chapter.

It’s holiday season and what does that mean other than beautiful decorations and being able to stuff our faces with food? Holiday makeup! It’s the perfect time to wear those bold looks you’ve been wanting to try for however long but never got the chance to. Now’s your time to master a smokey eye, perfect your winged eyeliner, wear the eye-catching lipstick you haven’t used yet. These are five makeup trends you should absolutely try for the holidays! They may look difficult at first and maybe you won’t get it on the first try (or second or third especially with winged eyeliner) but makeup is meant to be fun not boring. So, with that said, may your holiday season be as flawless as your makeup!

1. Sparkly Eyeshadow

The christmas tree won’t be the only thing shining this year! Sparkly eyeshadow is probably the most eye-catching eyeshadow looks ever. Although it can be a bit messy, the outcome is seriously cute af.

2. Smokey Eye

This is basically the opposite of sparkly eyeshadow but still a super captivating look. It’s perfect for a more romantic or even seductive type of look. There are endless tutorials on how to master the smokey eye and it’s definitely do-able even for beginners.

3. Super Bold Rep Lip

If you’re too intimidated or don’t have enough time to put much eyeshadow on, another way to really step up your look is by just wearing bold lipstick. Bright red lipstick is ideal for holiday season.

4. Mega Highlight

It’s the most well known makeup tool in our generation. To be honest, I love wearing highlight with any look, but the holidays are a perfect time to either wear highlight if you normally don’t or to just pack it on like there’s no tomorrow.

5. Glittery eyeliner

This is probably for those who are a little more skilled or experienced with makeup. I’ve been doing my makeup for years now and eyeliner still stresses me out. However glittery eyeliner is the most simple but still glam, in my honest opinion. If you can slay your eyeliner, you might as well make it glittery!