I recently attended a Women in Leadership Conference at Towson and I learned a lot. It is refreshing to see women encouraging other women to succeed. The conference allowed you to see different speakers and I learned a lot from the successful women that presented. Here are the top five things that I learned:
1. Try to create an empowering belief – know what you do well and what makes you feel empowered.
2. To get what you want, you have to give.
3. When networking, be interested not interesting.
4. When you define your personal values, you discover what’s truly important to you.
5. “Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.”- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Although the conference was long and on a Saturday I left glad that I took the time to come. I spent the afternoon with fellow women who want to get the most out of their time in college. The speakers were inspiring and showed me that hard work, perseverance and positivity will get you where you want to go despite some of the obstacles that women have to face.