Towson Tantrum: Registering For Classes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

It’s that time of the year again – class registration aka the thing that makes me lose five pounds a week just from stressing so much. There is nothing more frustrating and, quite frankly as painful, as having to register for classes for the next semester. 

For weeks up until my registration time I spend countless hours browsing available classes, trying to balance out my schedule so I’m not overloaded with too much in one day, not having 8 AMs, and not having night classes until 9:30pm. Who does that? Unfortunately, beggars can’t be choosers. It seems like unless you’re in the honors college or an athlete or a second semester senior, you’re going to have to sacrifice something.

There’s no worse feeling than filling up your shopping cart with at least 20 different sections and times for the same five classes just to see them slowly all become a blue square – full. It seems like no matter how many people still have to register after me, I can’t seem to get into any classes that I need. I’m stuck on core classes and I don’t need those anymore! Shouldn’t people studying one major have priority to get into those classes? It seems almost impossible to get into any Family Studies courses that I need. How am I supposed to graduate on time?

Not to mention if you do get into a class that you need it happens to be your last, last, last choice because thanks to Ratemyprofessor.com you know that professor can’t teach, is super monotone, and an extremely hard grader so you’re probably going to struggle all semester anyway.

Freshmen, you probably complained a lot about your schedules that were assigned to you this fall semester but don’t take that for granted. That was a gift. If I could have Academic Advising schedule me every semester then I would take that up in a heartbeat. I still have papers and finals to worry about; I don’t need registration stress on top of it!

Just make sure to plan everything accordingly and be prepared if things don’t go your way. Good luck everyone!

Images taken from tumblr.