This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

Repeated actions over a course of time become a habit, which makes them expected and sometimes boring. Relationships can be the same way. Doing the same thing over and over again can lead to too much comfort and boredom. Sex in relationships should be kept fresh and new. One guaranteed way to add spark to an old relationship or to ignite a flame in a new one is by teasing. Teasing a partner before or during sex is often times overlooked in relationships, but can increase the sexual pleasure between you and your partner.

Do not be afraid to tease your partner. Teasing your partner will send the sexual tension between the two of you through the roof. And in light of teasing your partner, be sure that you are NOT sexually available every time your partner wants you. Teasing your partner can happen either verbally/mentally or physically. Either way, your partner will still be successfully aroused. Now, let’s explore some very sexual and effective teasing techniques.

Verbally/Mentally Teasing Your Partner

When verbally or mentally teasing your partner, you always want to leave their mind wandering to fill in the blanks. When I say this, I mean don’t be so forward. The point of teasing your partner is to have them drooling at the thought of sex with you, not have them knowing what will happen. This is what is so thrilling, the essence of not knowing it will happen but wanting it to happen.

While in public, whisper something naughty in your partner’s ear and leave it at that – say nothing else about it.

Pull your partner in for a sexy kiss and right before your lips meet: pull back, look in his eyes, bite your lips, and slowly turn away. This move will leave him yearning for your lips to touch his.

While out together, or while you’re in class or at work, send your partner a sexy text message to let them know you want them.

Ex: “I can’t wait to get you home” or “I can’t wait to get you all alone.”

Men are also aroused by visual stimuli – ladies wear a short skirt, or a shirt that’s long enough to barely cover your derrière, and slowly bend over in his line of view. But be careful, this may cause an immediate response.

What better way to tease your partner than a sexy strip tease? Turn on a sensual song (Dance 4 You- Beyoncé or Body Party- Ciara etc.) and seductively undress before sex. This is a great tease that will get your partner aroused and ready for what follows. This can be done with regular clothes, a dress, or the best- lingerie.

Physically Teasing Your Partner

Physically teasing your partner can be the harder teasing of the two. When physically teasing you should not be too assertive, you should strive to be sensual, but not too forward.

When out at a restaurant touch them under the table, but above the clothes. Rub your hand up the thighs, or use your foot – if they don’t have a foot phobia. I can’t guarantee you’ll make it all the way through dinner with this gesture.

While walking past your partner graze his package and look at him in the eyes afterwards with a naughty smile. This will awaken his senses and have his mind wandering something serious.

Once things start to heat up, lay your partner down and give him a slow, sensual, and sexy massage while straddling his butt. During the massage add a little gentle scratching—or harder if he likes it—then move down and whisper something sexy in his ear (“I want you so bad right now.”) and lick—or kiss—his earlobe.

Before sex, kiss all over his chest, stomach, and groin, all around his package, until he is practically begging you to continue with sex.

While ‘on top’ stop in the middle of sex and sexually move away from your partner, down towards the foot/end of the bed and give him a naughty “come and get it” look. The fact that you stopped in the first place will be enough to have him crawling behind you but the look will be the icing on the cake to have him running to you.

Hopefully these tips will help increase your sexual activity and pleasure with your partner. Remember to be sexy and sensual, but most of all, have fun. Having fun with this could be a great relationship builder and sexual enhancer.

Information pulled from:

http://www.yourtango.com/experts/sean-jameson/how-build-sexual-tension

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/sex-love/tips-moves/sexy-ways-to-tease-him#slide-1