If you are anything like me, you may have difficulty prioritizing your time. Along with school you have a work routine. However, once the schoolwork picks up you may be wondering what happened to your physique. Hopefully the tips I give you will help you be able to incorporate working out into your busy schedule.
- Plan out your day. I will admit, I am not the best at this. With Her Campus, the Towerlight, and six classes, I have a lot on my plate. I recently got back into going to the gym this past Sunday and I plan to work out some more later in the week. If you have afternoon or evening classes, I would plan to go to the gym in the morning. If you have morning classes I would do the opposite. You make time for the things you want to make time for.
- Take the stairs. You burn more calories and get more movement out of it. I was prone to taking the elevator in my dorm, but I reluctantly made myself take the stairs to my room.
- Stick to a Schedule. Put in the time to make a schedule. You don’t have to schedule a workout for every day. Start out with four days a week and over time that will fit into your schedule naturally.
- Eat your favorite foods in moderation. I say this with all respect. I love food and I will never stop loving it. But in order for me to stay in my favorite pair of jeans or leggings, I have to eat moderately healthy. I love mozzarella sticks and it is difficult not to get them at Paws, but I know in the long run it is better for me.
- Make sure you get your work done before you do any working out. I like working out because it is a stress reliever. I don’t want to have to deal with excessive schoolwork after I relieve my stress.
I am by no means saying I am an expert on this topic, but, if you do these steps, it may help you stick to a better workout schedule!