Healthy Green Smoothies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

As a kid, I was always encouraged to try new foods. Even if I didn’t know what it was, I would try it to see if I liked it. This opened so many doors for different foods and I rarely disliked anything. I loved most fruits and vegetables so I got plenty of nutritious food in my diet. Going to college, however, changed things. Nutritious fruits and vegetables are slim to none in dining halls so at most times, at best, I got the minimal amount of nutrition I needed each day.  This summer I found out about the wonderful world of green smoothies. Not only are they packed with fiber and nutrition but they are also delicious. You can add so many different ingredients to make it even more nutritious like flax seed and protein powder. Contrary to popular belief, they do not taste like spinach or grass at all and they are easy to make right in the dorms with a blender or something small like a magic bullet.

There are many recipes online and I’ve given you a few of my favorites to make. 

It’s so much fun just to play around and mix with different ingredients. Some of my other favorites are super simple with just spinach, water, apple and strawberries. The combinations are endless and you’ll come out with a different smoothie every time. Some bad, most delicious and all are great for your body! Drink up!