Hair Trend: Marley Twists

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

A hair style that has become very popular very soon is Marley Twists. Marley Twists use kinky hair to give voluminous twists similar to Bob Marley’s hair. Even though it’s a trend and people tend you go for the same look, you can personalize your own look. Make the look your own by getting a different length, color, or texture and then style it any way you want!

Amongst the Black hair community particularly, people are transitioning from relaxed hair to the big chop natural look. In that transitional phase, girls have been rocking braids, twists, and weave before they can unleash their growing fro. But women of all races and ages every where have turned to the big twists as a hairstyle.

At one point everyone wanted Janet Jackson’s Poetic Justice braids, then everyone wanted fake dreads, now it’s onto Marley Twists.

Check out @AfrikanBarbie on Instagram!

My name is Josephine Hill I consider myself to be an artist in every facet of my existence! Makeup Artist (MUA) - Model - Painter - Writer - Fashionista I'm from the D (M) V I currently attend Towson University I am a Mass Communications Major Contact: jhill24@students.towson.edu Follow me on Twitter: @LadyJo_LovesU Be friends with me on Facebook: Josephine Hill