This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

Fall is upon us and, for many, this is the best season. Everything pumpkin flavored is being re-released and Halloween is quickly approaching. But let’s not forget to take time to enjoy the entire month of October. There are so many things to do to celebrate this spooky month. There is no need to stay in your room until Halloween; get out and make some trips around town to some great places to celebrate all that is Fall.

Weber’s Cider Mill Farm – Weber’s is nice farm located in Parkville, MD, not too far from campus. It has a bunch of pumpkins to pick from, fresh produce, and homemade pies and even ice cream! They offer hayrides to families and even have duck races. It’s a great place to spend a beautiful fall day picking pumpkins to carve or just spending time enjoying the weather (but the fresh treats they offer are definitely something to check out). The farm is open daily from 10am until 8pm.

Fridays After Five – The Baltimore Aquarium has brought back its discounted Friday evening admission. For just $12 you can explore the aquarium and all the beauty it has to offer. The admission is lowered from 5pm until 8pm every Friday. This could be a great night out with some friends who have never been to the aquarium or for those who haven’t been in a while.

My friends and I found Dory!

Food Truck Rally – On October 11th make sure you head down into Baltimore City between 5 and 11pm to attend the gathering of food trucks at the Baltimore Museum of Industry. We all love food and I’m not sure what would be better than multiple food truck vendors in one area for everyone to explore. With the cost at about $6, this seems like a great adventure into the City.

Fifth Annual Cockeysville Fall Festival – The festival is held October 19th on Cranbrook Rd. in Cockeysville and features food, games, raffles, local vendors, and live music, and best of all—it’s FREE! It starts at 10am and lasts until 5pm. All proceeds will be donated to Ronald McDonald House Charities of Baltimore which provides a home away from home for seriously ill children and their families.

Stories & Poems of Edgar Allen Poe – On October 14th at 7pm the Jewish Theatre Workshop will be providing a free reading of the classic terrors of Edgar Allen Poe. This event is FREE and is held at the Jewish Community Center off of Northern Parkway. If you are into poetry or Edgar Allen Poe, this is a great event to attend.

Creepy Woods Haunted Forest – Do you love a good scare? Then this seems to be the place to go! Voted as one of the scariest haunted forests in America, the haunted forest is located in Kingsville, MD. The tickets are $20 for general admission and $30 for a speed pass. The forest is open 7:30-11pm Fridays and Saturdays, and 7:30-10pm on Sundays, after the 13th. They will also be open the day before and on Halloween, so pick the best time for you and some friends to get the most realistic scare of your life.

These are just some of the many events that will be occurring in the month of October, but there are definitely plenty more! If you would like to explore more events to enjoy visit www.baltimorefunguide.com and plan trips for you and friends. Be sure to look up all the places mentioned above for addresses and anymore information you may need.