Bryanne Miller of BMore Unique

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

Ever seen cool shoes, phone cases, totes, or anything else that look hand made but are too expensive? Freshman Bryanne Miller custom makes all of those and more, and has become a part of BMore Unique, a brand of clothing and graphics that supports Baltimore. 

Images courtesy of Bryanne Miller. 

Emily Kong: How did you get started painting shoes?

Bryanne Miller: Some boy asked me if I could paint on Vans.

EK: How long have you been custom making shoes and such?

BM: I’ve been making them since October.

EK: What are some of the different things you’ve designed and how long does it take you on average?

BM: So far I’ve done tie-dye, galaxy, Maryland, the Orioles, the Raves, flowers, dream catchers, feathers, the Little Mermaid, trees, and the sun and moon. It takes from 10 minutes to eight hours. 

EK: How and when did you involved in BMore Unique?

BM: The guy who runs it is a friend of a friend and he saw my Orioles and Ravens shoes and wanted more artists on his website. This was in February. 

EK: What inspired you to make the Ravens and Orioles shoes and why did you paint specifically them?

BM: I knew they would get a lot of attention, especially because the Ravens won the Superbowl. I also have hometown pride. My favorite football team is the Ravens and my favorite baseball team is the Orioles.

EK: How many different things have you made so far?

BM: I’ve made 21 pairs of shoes in total, three phone cases, and a mural. 

EK: How long did it take you to pain the mural?

BM: It took about three weeknds in parts to do. I did the Raven, Oriole, and Terp in parts. 

EK: What is your favorite medium and favorite thing to make?

BM: Paint is my favorite medium. I like painting the shoes because it makes people happy. They get really excited when they get their completed shoes. 

EK: How did you get into art, why do you appreciate it?

BM: I took art in high school and then moved to Art 2 and then took AP Art. Art is relaxing. I like mixed media and abstract. 

EK: Who is your favorite artist?

BM: I appreciate Andy Warhol. Andy Warhol is the reason I started in mixed media. 

If you are interested in your own custom made shoes, phone cases, totes, or anything else, contact Bryanne at her BMore Unique e-mail address handpainted@bmoreunique.com, check out the Bmore Unique website, or through Facebook. She tailors pieces to each customer and can make most designs. Her custom made products make great gifts, but are also a great way to show your Baltimore or Towson pride! 

Emily is a sophomore at Towson University majoring in Mass Communications with a concentration in journalism. She enjoys writing, listening to music, and going to concerts. She writes for Towson's newspaper (www.thetowerlight.com), on Tumblr (www.emilyimagines.tumblr.com), or on her Twitter (@dinoemmie). This is her second year on the HCTU staff and she is currently Vice President, She also enjoys creating graphics, marketing, and advertising. Emily aspires to be a magazine editor. 
Her Campus

Towson '25