Brrr, It’s Cold in Here! Fashion in Cold Weather

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

The best thing about the seasons changing is the new fashion trends. When switching from season to season, your fashion wardrobe changes as well. With the winter here, you can no longer wear your light sweater and combat boots; it’s time to whip out your cute winter jacket, gloves, hats, and scarves. Each season brings something new to the fashion world and with the snowflakes falling and the cold wind blowing, the trends for winter fashion are finally here!

When you check your phone for the weather for the day, and you’re in shock when it tells you it’s going to be 13 degrees, don’t freak out yet! The best thing about winter is the accessories you can add to your everyday outfit. Whether it’s the hottest new item today, fingerless gloves, or a cute warm headband, these accessories can make your outfit.

A lot of people just want to throw sweatpants and a sweatshirt on, but there are two looks that give you both a comfortable feel while also being fashionable. One of the looks you can rock is your typical winter jacket, fingerless gloves, and cute leg warmers. This look can be an everyday outfit, making it simple but cute at the same time. The great thing about the fingerless gloves is that you can text on your touch screen phone and then if your hands get cold, you can turn over the flap, to make them into normal gloves!

Another great look is when you want to make your outfit a little bit more fashionable, when adding a cute wrap around scarf, warm headband, and furry boots.  Today, fur is so popular that by wearing your winter jacket with the fur hood and fur boots, everyone will stop and stare! This look adds a little bit more to your outfit, getting people to notice.

The best thing about the seasons changing is the outfits and accessories that follow. This season you will embrace all of your fun snow day accessories, showing your friends that no matter how cold it is, you will still be fashionable!

I love blogging about fashion and i love to write about different new fashion trends.
Her Campus

Towson '25